Be a Hero
Children’s Hospice Week, the UK’s only awareness and fundraising week for children with life-limiting conditions and the services, like children’s hospices, that support them. It takes place this year between 26 April and 3 May, culminating with Superhero Friday – a special day of hero inspired fundraising.
Children's hospices care and support children not expected to reach adulthood and their families. Together for Short Lives is calling on you to be a hero in Children’s Hospice Week and help raise funds for these vital services. This year we will be focusing on siblings to raise awareness of how the whole family is affected and how services support brothers and sisters through special groups and activities.
Holly Willoughby, Patron of Together for Short Lives, comments: “I’ve seen for myself what wonderful places children’s hospices are and the amazing care and support they provide for children with life-threatening or life-limiting conditions and their families. Please be a hero and show your support during Children’s Hospice Week.”
You can get involved by taking part in Superhero Friday (3 May). You could dress up as a superhero and make a donation, sponsor a friend or colleague to be a hero for the day, or take part in our superhero sweepstake. Be a hero for an hour and help make every moment count for children and families by donating an hour of your wages, volunteering for an hour, or raising as much money as you can in an hour. Help children and families make the most of their precious time together.
We’ve developed a fundraising guide, packed with ideas and inspiration to get you and your friends and family involved. Every penny you raise will make a lifetime of difference to children and families.
Visit www.childrenshospiceweek.org.uk for information on Children’s Hospice Week.
- Leiths Cookery School
- Glasses in the Workplace
- Top Baby Names And Least Popular Names Of The Year Revealed
- Treat Your Loved One(s)
- Valentines Masquerade Party at No5 Cavendish Sq
- Career Woman's Guide 2013 - Supercharge it
- Spanish Grapes: Una Introducción
- Get Your Body Through The Working Day
- Nearly a Third of Solicitors Gorge on Food to Beat Office Stress
- GAIL's to Collaborate with Rebecca Hossack Art Gallery
- The Laurent-Perrier Garden at The RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- Beauchamp Foot Care
- The Secret to Longevity Has Arrived!
- Rediscover the Coach & Horses Hotel, Kew
- The New 'Up T-shirt' by Up Couture
- 'Belvedere Wimbledon Fizz' Cocktail
- Get Bikini Ready With Simple Steps from Fitness First
- Capsule Wardrobes - August Column
- New Mums, See Yourself in a Different Light
- Skin-Saving Salads For Summer Picnics
- Paving The Way for Eco Luxury
- The Art of Olfactory Harmony
- British Military Fitness for Singletons
- Slumberdown’s New Pillow With In-Built Cooling System
- Get Draught-ing Your Christmas Wish List
- Let’s Start a Liberation with New Fairtrade Nuts
- Soup Can Make You Thin - The Cookbook
- Capsule Wardrobes - September Column
- Football and Life
- NuBeginnings Launches Boot-Camp for Dogs and Their Owners
- IG Wines
- The Malvern Spa
- Warm up This Winter on Headwater’s Guided Walking Holidays
- Capsule Wardrobes, Business Wear
- Pond's Institute Party Season with Brand Ambassador
- Melvita’s New L’Or Bio Limited Editions
- Etre’s Autumn and Winter Collection
- Amber Glen Scotch Whisky
- National Spa Awareness Week
- Bridgestone Bros Big Moustache Search
- A Right Royal Detox
- TOAST Presents Women In Food
- Capsule Wardrobes - December Column
- Welsh Farmers Turn Successful Fund Managers and Buck Economic...
- Lawyer in Lycra Beats Cancer
- Sartoria Lab
- Ox Roast - The Ship and Flat Iron