Norton Rose Boosts Canadian Position
Norton Rose Canada has announced that 11 of the firm’s lawyers have been appointed partners. This expansion solidifies their Canadian presence being one of a small number of Canadian law firms with a leading practice in each of the three main markets in Canada (Calgary, Toronto and Montréal) and the only major Canadian law firm with offices in Latin America.
John Coleman, Managing Partner of Norton Rose Canada said:
“It’s exciting to welcome our new partners to Norton Rose Canada. They add depth to many of our key practice areas and demonstrate our new reach as a truly global law firm in Canada. They are leaders who will continue to help our clients grow domestically and around the world through our commitment to client service excellence. We are very proud to welcome them to the partnership.”
Four of the firm’s new partners are based in Calgary, four in Toronto, two in Montréal and one in Caracas, Venezuela. The firm’s new Of Counsel is based in Ottawa. Together, they serve clients in all six of Norton Rose Canada’s key industry areas of financial institutions; energy, infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and pharmaceuticals and life sciences.
One of the new appointments in the Calgary office, Lori Bevan, is licensed to practise in the UK and Canada and has previously worked on several international energy projects in Iraq and the Russian Federation.
Additionally, Wayne H. Yan, one of the firm’s patent agents who is registered to practise in Canada, China and the US, has been appointed Of Counsel in the Ottawa office.
- Life and Law on the Cayman Islands
- Law Firms Face Massive Overseas Move
- Time for a change? Try New Zealand
- Volunteer Your Skills Abroad
- Ever wanted to practise law Down Under?
- So You Want To Work In Dubai?
- Life and Law in Hong Kong
- Law and Surf in Oz!
- Osborne Clarke Re-positions Itself in Europe
- London Lawyer Starts New Life in New Zealand
- Life and Law in Tokyo
- Dechert LLP Opens Office in Frankfurt
- Bird and Bird signs association agreement with Danish firm
- Russo British Lawyer Exchange Programme Launched
- Squire Sanders Boosts Presence in Asia
- Two Birds head for Tunisia
- Latham and Watkins Comment on Middle East
- ICC Issues Arrest Warrant for Sudanese Minister
- New York Ruling Puts IP in the Spotlight
- Undercover Lawyer Uncovers Broken Legal System in Fiji
- Largest Credit Institution in Russia Acquires More Dominance
- Another Chinese Alliance for Nixon Peabody
- New Bahamas Executive Entity for Offshore Wealth Preservation
- Dechert Cosy up to the Russians with New Kazakhstan Office
- Dubai Office Opens for the New Dechert Emerging Markets Team
- Have you Considered International Experience?
- Success for British Investors in Indonesia
- Another Indonesian Association
- New Norton Rose Group Chairman Based in Canada
- Location, Location, Location: The Offshore Route
- Lord Phillips takes two International Appointments
- Legal Revolution Crosses the Pond
- Singapore - Legal Hub of Southeast Asia?
- Know Before You Go with Blake Lapthorn
- Tory says European Arrest Warrants Incompatible with Justice
- International Arbitration v. Access to Justice
- Are the legal streets in India and China paved with Gold?
- Co-Investing in China with Chinese Partners
- Build Your New World in China
- Boosting British Business - The Offshore Contribution
- The Legal Greats Down Under
- Time Flies in Germany